Modified bitumen can be an economical solution for commercial roofing in Volusia County with its low installation costs, but did you know this roofing material can also assist in lowering your energy bill? In the Florida heat, this could be a big bonus for your business. As a quality and affordable roofing contractor in East Florida, Astro Roofing can provide you with modified bitumen options that can help lower the energy costs of your building. This roofing material is a great choice if you want a new roof that can be installed with very little interruption to the daily activities of your business.
In Florida, roof drainage can be an issue with the heavy storms that come our way, especially during the rainy season. A properly applied modified bitumen roof with its waterproof membrane can be the perfect solution for providing drainage to keep the inside of your building dry. This roofing system is designed for buildings with low-slope or flat roof structures. Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems are designed to last during the harsh and extreme weather we get in Florida, especially near the Atlantic. That’s why Astro Roofing in Port Orange recommends it as one of the best and most reliable flat roofing systems used in the industry today.
Here are more benefits for your commercial building when you choose this flat roofing system:
- Modified bitumen installations are easier and less labor-intensive than built-up roofing (BUR)
- Modified bitumen is a highly durable and low-maintenance flat roof option
- It has better flexibility and elasticity when compared to BUR
- The life expectancy of a modified bitumen roof depends on many variables such as building location, roof maintenance, and design. However, manufactures suggest the rolled membrane roofing can last up to 20 years.
- Modified bitumen flat roof materials are mostly easy to recycle.
If your business wants to save money, contact the roofing professionals at Astro today to find out more about options for your commercial building.